Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP AC125TU (N8M38PA)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Whenever i try to install HP Coolsense it says "There is a Problem with this Windows Installation Package. A Program run as a part of setup didn't finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"

Is it necessary to install this software on my laptop?

Somebody please help!!

Thank youCoolSenseError.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @iashu,

Thank you for your query.

I understand that when you tried to install the HP CoolSense software you received the error message "There is a Problem with this Windows Installation Package. A Program run as a part of setup didn't finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor".

What precipitated the necessity to reinstall the software?  Was there recent changes made? You would like to know if it is necessary to install it. HP CoolSense Technology is a feature in some HP notebook that combines hardware, software, and mechanical design to dynamically manage the temperature of a notebook, and help keep you comfortable while using it. As overheating can cause many issues, I strongly recommend the installation. To try and overcome this difficulty please  try this link (from microsoft.com) Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed. Once you have completed that step retry the installation from a fresh download. You could also try doing the installation in Safe Mode. HP PCs - Windows 7 Safe Mode.

Please let me know the results.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @iashu,

Thank you for your query.

I understand that when you tried to install the HP CoolSense software you received the error message "There is a Problem with this Windows Installation Package. A Program run as a part of setup didn't finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor".

What precipitated the necessity to reinstall the software?  Was there recent changes made? You would like to know if it is necessary to install it. HP CoolSense Technology is a feature in some HP notebook that combines hardware, software, and mechanical design to dynamically manage the temperature of a notebook, and help keep you comfortable while using it. As overheating can cause many issues, I strongly recommend the installation. To try and overcome this difficulty please  try this link (from microsoft.com) Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed. Once you have completed that step retry the installation from a fresh download. You could also try doing the installation in Safe Mode. HP PCs - Windows 7 Safe Mode.

Please let me know the results.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy:

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.