Intern
39 33 1 3
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to disable two-finger scroll inversion, in Windows apps

HP Spectre X360 4009-na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I disabled two finger scroll inversion in Synaptics Options, the inversion is not present in windows explorer and third party programs. But in windows settings app, windows start menu the scrolling is still inverted. I tried restarting, various registry edits I found on the internet, but I can't find a solution. Please help.

6 REPLIES 6
Intern
Intern
39 33 1 3
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
39 33 1 3
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is this just a confession forum or can someone help me?

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
39 33 1 3
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bump

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 714 1,904
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Xyplethy,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 

Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member.  It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link to First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More for you to review, should you have any concerns. 

I grasp that you are having an issue with the scrolling feature of you notebook.  Here is a link to  HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10) Common TouchPad gestures that should help.

Please let me know the outcome.

Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
39 33 1 3
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There wasn't anything that described my issue. My issue is that somehow the Symnaptics driver doesn't cooperate with Windows settings, which apparently are separated.

When I uncheck mark of reverse scrolling, the effects are present on most applications, except for Windows built in apps. Like Edge, their settings, however is present in Windows explorer.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
15,765 14,098 714 1,904
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ Xypleth,

Thank you for your reply.

As you have been unable to resolve the scrolling issue, please contact HP Support for assistance. With your permission they can remotely access his system to help find and fix issue.  Otherwise you could do a recovery back to factory.  HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10). Please keep  me  updated.

Good Luck

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation