Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlGrande
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to download Chrome on either Edge or IE on my HP on Windows 10. It says it is in S Mode,

15dboxx
Computer says it is Windows 10 in S Mode. It will not allow me to download Chrome from either Edge, or IE. It says it is unsafe and is in SMode. THe defender is cut off and the computer is not in Safe Mode. Please help.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,292 1,976
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to download Chrome on either Edge or IE on my HP on Windows 10. It says it is in S Mode,

Hi! @AlGrande,

Have you tried checking with a different browser? Does the issue persist?

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

It's specific to the Windows 10S edition. It can only run Microsoft Store apps. To change that you need to upgrade the operating system to Windows 10 home or pro.

Windows 10 in S Mode is a more limited, locked-down Windows operating system. In S Mode, you can only install apps from the Store, and you can only browse the web with Microsoft Edge.

You can check whether you’re using S Mode by heading to Settings > System > About. On the About page, scroll down to the “Windows Specifications” section.

To leave S Mode, open the Store app on your PC and search for “Switch out of S Mode.” The Store will guide you through taking your PC out of S Mode.

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation