Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've only had this laptop since last September, as a gift, bought on Amazon, (read: pig in a poke) and it's a WIndows 10 Home OS. I've been having some color display problems in some of my games and came to HP to get the latest drivers for the Intel UHD Graphics 620 in this PC.  The driver in here already is: 24.20.100.6194. I downloaded: 2520.100.6471 - but, it wouldn't install! The error message said something about that driver not being configured for my PC model and I would have to contact the manufacturer. I am not in the least an expert, live out in the middle of nowhere, have no one around to ask and don't know where to begin. Please help me!

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi
Make, Model and OS please.
SKU: if possible by this method
WinKey + R and type msinfo32 Line 9
System SKU: N6K07EA#ABU

Please do not post Serial Numbers.

Results for " HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc1xx" (17)

HP Recommended

@Lil_Boy_Blue wrote:

Hi
Make, Model and OS please.
SKU: if possible by this method
WinKey + R and type msinfo32 Line 9
System SKU: N6K07EA#ABU

Please do not post Serial Numbers.

Results for " HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc1xx" (17)

HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc1xx

Windows 10 Home  Type x64-based PC
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

SKU 2DS92UAR#ABA

I took screenshots of whatever I could earlier but I don't know what else to add here unless you tell me. Best I admit that now so I shan't look a fool later.:) The OS is OEM. There is no HP documentation already installed on this PC, as there has been on every computer I actually bought for myself so it's been a challenge for me to learn much about it. I just have had the feeling ever since I got this one that something is not 'quite quite' anyway and without a manual, I don't know how to look for the problems.

P.S. I forgot to add this - and I picked that latest driver download because the page told me it worked with it:

@processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 1800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

HP Recommended

Hi

I think you have a  HP Pavilion - 15-cc123cl with troubleshooting etc here...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-cc100-laptop-pc/16842299/model/17626043?sku=2DS9...

Manual maybe this....   http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493762

Drivers, firmware and hopefully software is here...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-cc100-laptop-pc/16842299/model/17626...

Parts supposedly fitted listed here...

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=2DS92UAR

Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver

22.20.16.4691 Rev.A296.3 MBJul 7, 2017

Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver - Kaby Lake (W10 v1803)
23.20.16.4973 Rev.D329.5 MBJun 8, 2018

Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver - Kaby Lake W10 v1709)
22.20.16.4815 Rev.C279.0 MBNov 8, 2017

NVIDIA Graphics Driver
22.21.13.8259 Rev.A532.8 MBJul 7, 2017

NVIDIA Graphics Driver (Windows 10 v1709)
23.21.13.8873 Rev.C544.0 MBJan 26, 2018

NVIDIA Graphics Driver (Windows 10 v1803)
23.21.13.8912 Rev.D546.9 MBJun 8, 2018

I expect you can take it from here?

if in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

Before I begin with those attempts, may I ask a really dumb question or two? How do I have a 15-cc123cl and 15-cc1xx at the same time? Do those x's mean that everything that comes after the 'ccl' can use the same software? Do I have a 'generic' ccl series? That's just the kind of ridiculous detail I'd worry about getting wrong, particularly when I've been awake all night. That's when I have the best connection, in the middle of the night.

Thank you very much for these links! I'm going to go get these things right now and then come back to tell you what my problem was that started me looking for drivers in the first place; I didn't know what else to look for and still don't.

Edit: another question: all those HD drivers. Am I supposed to pick one or download all of them? If I don't tell you I'm confused now before I start, I'll end up either doing nothing because I don't know what to do or get them all when maybe I shouldn't.

@Lil_Boy_Blue wrote:

Hi

I think you have a  HP Pavilion - 15-cc123cl with troubleshooting etc here...

I expect you can take it from here?

if in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

Hi

OK you put the SKU: value into ....

https://support.hp.com/us-en/

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

It then gives it's best match.

The drivers are for 1709, 1803 versions of windows and you pick the best match, and if it's wrong it should not install.

So one step at a time if needed.

If you put the serial number into https://support.hp.com/us-en/ it should give the same details as the SKU:

There are different models cc1??  and different country specs also to contend with.

I am reticent to help you, because I don't want to overload you, however typing

WinKey + R   and then cmd.exe pause

msinfo32

systeminfo

will give lots of details.

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

1803 is what I have, according to the system info I could get. My connection went down for a bit so I'll keep trying those links till I get them. The graphic drivers' numbers: the driver I downloaded and couldn't install started with '25' and the one I have in here starts with '24.' Many of those on the download page were '22s' Does that mean they are older than the one I have or do the numbers not work that way? That's a dumb question since higher numbers usually mean newer but I want to be sure that's the case here.

I begged the neighbor who bought this computer for me to get one at HP directly; even with a refurbished, we'd know what we're getting, but he thought he was 'saving money.' Maybe we could have saved if we knew as much as you do.  Getting a refurbished sold as 'new' is a common problem on Amazon with 3rd party sellers - I never managed to get the 'seller' who sent this one to us on the phone either. The warranty expired on this machine last October, from what I've found out here at HP so I can't just pick up the phone and complain to HP. The price was high enough to have been brand new too. I'm going to have to figure out all these kinks myself - and keep my mouth shut.

I am very grateful for your patience. Until I got this little machine, I was using a 2008 HP Pavilion Dv700 series running Vista and it has been such an outstanding workhorse that I asked for HP specifically, but that was the only input I was allowed, alas. I spend every spare minute on my devices, especially since I've been widowed; I think I lost all my wits then too, so I may not know even the right questions to ask.

By all means, overload me as much as you're willing: a crash course is what I need. I can whine like this in 6 languages and now must apply myself to learning another in my er...maturity: this machine. I don't have to like it, I just have to do it.:)

I have gone to Microsoft, by the way, to make sure my OS was 'complete' and what humans I could chat with there and allow to check me over assured me nothing was missing - I did that first. Updates keep telling me I'm up to date, device manager does the same, so I was drawing blanks on that end.  I'll definitely be right back and thanks again.

HP Recommended

I've come  back in to say that I cannot download anything from HP support - yet. I have no trouble browsing  but all the links just sit there dead.  I tried to take them one by one, I've disabled any ad-blockers but nothing happens when I click a download link there, Is that section down or is my connection not as good as it should be so the page knows I'm there and want something? Anyway - I'll try later - here are my discoveries doing what you said and running that serial number:

ah-ya-a-a-a-ah! It's hard to convey this expression with typing. Not only is my little computer not 'new' and 'unused' as it was advertised but apparently it's been run through the mill, so to speak:

Warranty type

Manufacturer Warranty

Service type

Wty: HP HW Maintenance Offsite Support

Status

Expired

Start Date

August 28, 2017

End Date

October 26, 2018

Service Level

Std Office Hrs Std Office Days
Standard Parts Logistics
Standard Material Handling
Global Coverage
Customer Pickup at RepairCtr
Customer delivers to RepairCtr
Std Turn-Around
No Usage Limitation

Deliverables

Offsite Support & Materials
Hardware Problem Diagnosis

Service type

Wty: HP Support for Initial Setup

Status

Expired

Start Date

August 28, 2017

End Date

January 24, 2018

Service Level

NextAvail TechResource Remote
Unlimited Named Callers
2 Hr Remote Response

Deliverables

Initial Setup Assistance

None of the above has anything to do with me, you understand. I have the same feeling I had when I bought an older camper trailer and the former owner had got creative with the wiring. There was no hope of finding an accurate diagram of exactly where all those wires were and I kept running into live ones, the purpose of which I had no idea. HP won't even speak to me on the phone unless I pay 'a fee,' a monstrous one, no doubt, which as a widow on a 'mite,' I'm unable to do.  I must throw myself on your mercy here and beg you to teach me how to bring this poor thing up to date - without just downloading everything I see and not knowing what to do with it - and get around all the blockades.
HP Recommended

Hi

I can only offer large downloads...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Create Windows 10 installation media

To get started, you will first need to have a license to install Windows 10. You can then download and run the media creation tool. For more information on how to use the tool, see the instructions below.

Which will give clean install of W10, then add in drivers as necessary.
There is an FTP way of doing it...  SoftPaq downloader and something like filezilla or a browser.
ftp.hp.com  /public/softpaq   and there a re thousands there, you need to navigate by the number
like sp63034.html or whatever.

HP Recommended

I definitely have a 'licensed' copy of Windows in here, at least as far as I know, from having to set it up with my own account when I first started up the computer. The HDD had been reformatted for there was nothing else on it - that I found,:) but of course, I wasn't even suspicious about this computer being used until I discovered that the warranty was out. This is a good idea and it never occurred to me. I did go to Microsoft a few times, chatted with a few robots and a human or two, looking for any updates I could get.

As to the warranty, another, perhaps dumb, question. My neighbor bought this computer online in late August 2018. Is there any possibility of me getting any additional warranty from HP on my own, even a little bit of one? I should probably inform them anyway that this computer was sold as new and that I am the new owner. Whilst there, I intend to shop their own 'refurbished' models: I'm looking for another desktop. I also need to inform Amazon about some funny business with that seller. 

Because I don't know how to configure my display, even with the Intel application that's supposed to let me do that, I'll tell you what started me investigating and to knowledgeable people, it's likely laughably stupid. When I say 'games, I don't mean big ones that take up a lot of resources, I go for puzzles, cards, hidden objects; yes, the kind of thing that little old ladies might play.:) I tried both free versions (trimmed down a bit) and paid versions of some jigsaw puzzle games I loved on my old Vista. I paid when I saw that the games were supposed to run with Windows 10.

Here's what happened: no trouble installing, everything looked perfectly normal going in, until I chose a puzzle and it went to the 'board.' The colors were all wrong! Reds, gold and browns were all turned into a sickly grey and shades of institutional blue! Both the free versions and the paid ones - bought on Amazon - did this! These games are from 8th Floor and I can't even find them online to ask if they've heard of this problem before.

All my games downloaded from Microsoft store appear to be displaying normally. I love reds, golds and brown, what are called 'warm colors,' and use computer wallpapers with those colors, and they all display exactly as expected. Does my problem with my favorite games have something to do with 'hardware acceleration' or not? Have you ever heard of an issue like this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.