Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMWw
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to proceed further with HP Support Assistant, it pops window of close/ok.

Hi all,

To run a battery check I'm trying to open HP support assistant, but after assistance window is opened it also comes up with HPSF.exe has stopped working window and window message states "This application has encountered a serious problem and must close. Click "OK" to automatically restart this application.

I tried using close as well as OK option but didn't help.

I also tried uninstalling but it didn't uninstall, it throws a error message - Error 1327.Invalid Drive: I:\

I tried another option of overwriting over already installed file, but it fails with the same error message - Error 1327.Invalid Drive: I:\

Kindly help me out of this with tried and tested solutions.

I started all these steps to fix battery issue as it's 0% Not Charging, Power mode (plugged in): Better performance

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,590 16,503 934 1,050
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unable to proceed further with HP Support Assistant, it pops window of close/ok.

@DMWw

Welcome to HP support community.

I would suggest here is to Run Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform a Windows update:

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Let's start off by updating the Bios and Chipset drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Once done, restart the computer and then check.

Alternatively, you can uninstall HP Support Assistant and reinstall it: 

Solution 1:

Download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the HP Support Assistant website. Go to this link and click on “Download HP Support Assistant to update the current version to the latest version.

Solution 2:

Uninstall and reinstall the HP SA. Go to HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7) and follow the steps under “Error: HPSF.exe has stopped working” to uninstall and reinstall the HP SA.

Solution 3:

Download and update the driver from the product driver page. Go to http://hp.care/2bjHn5I and put in your complete product name to enter the product driver and software page. You can download and update the components from here.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation