Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 13-af002na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried to update my HP 13-af002na to the Windows 10 Home 64 1809 update but it keeps failing. It seems to be installing, then it halts with a  BSOD, giving the error message Memory Management. I have run HP's memory test and also their device test, no problems were found. I have also updated every HP driver and the BIOS too, to F31. I have checked that all the programs on the HP are upto date too. Windows 10 auto updates did show that 1809 could be installed, hence trying to install it. I have also tried to do it manually but It failed too; with that Memory Management error. Has anyone got any ideas what is causing this issue and how to resolve it? I do not by the way want to return the HP to its factory setting. That will lose some of my programs and it could possibly lose some of the data I want to keep.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Moboman2

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Moboman2
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. Click here to update the 1809 update.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Echo_Lake, 

Thanks for your reply but can you supply further details on your solution. I am wary of just clicking on a link that gives no details. Having had issues on doing that once before, for a Fujitsu Laptop. Latter crashed and I had to reinstall everything on that Fujitsu Laptop. Thanks again for your help and for your reply to this enquiry.

Moboman2.

HP Recommended

@Moboman2

To get the answer to this question, There are many things that can cause failure. to fix this problem where Windows Updates will not install, use steps which will help you identify and troubleshoot the problem.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Echo_Lake.

I am aware there are numerous causes for this issue and tried to isolate the cause, with no luck. Howeve the point is, it should not be happening with a Laptop which is nearly new, it is only 9 months old. It by the way doesn't have that many programs installed on it.

I have also tried Windows 10 Update Assistant and it too failed, with BSOD Memory Management. My feelings are this is a BIOS problem, not a Memory problem. HP issued a BIOS update for 1809 but it doesn't seem to work for this problem. That update BIOS was F31 and it was issued in Nov. 2018.

So thanks for your suggestion but sadly I seemed to have tried them all.

HP Recommended

@Moboman2

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Echo_Lake, I did as you suggested and contacted HP Technical Support.

For the last week we have been trying to resolve the issue and I have to say George at HP was extremely helpful and patient. However, I actually myself resolved the issue myself this evening. Unsure how I did it? I think it was either one of the two programs that I removed, an Upgrade to Plex Media Player, or the two Driver updates that Windows 10 installed this evening. So thanks once again for your suggestion, it was a good one but as I say HP Tech didn't resolve the issue, I did it myself.

Regards,

Moboman2

HP Recommended

@Moboman2

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.