Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polygony
Level 2
16 10 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Unable to update Intel etc drivers in laptop detected by HP drivers page - normal when out warranty?

HP Recommended
Envy laptop 13-ah0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm checking that my drivers and other software are up-to-date, prior to updating from Windows 10 version1909, to 20H2 (which Windows has just started urging me to install, having presumably judged my notebook ready).  At about the same time, Intel started nudging me to update a couple of drivers, pointing out that my first port of call should be to check the HP site for any HP-specific versions.  I'd already been there a week ago (aware of Windows Updates no longer covering certain drivers), and found one relevant uninstalled update (a Bios one), which I duly performed. 

However, when I went there re the new Intel updates, I noticed that HP, having detected my notebook says it's on Windows 10 1903 when it should be 1909.  There was no way to correct this (only 1903 in the drop-down list, no typing in option).

Is this because the laptop's out of warranty?  (It may have become so since I was able to get it to 1903, and possibly since last week's successful Bios update via HP's list).  If the answer's yes, I won't waste any more time trawling through HP's software and driver lists, and will go straight to Device Manager and Intel etc from now on.  (That's all I need to know here - I have all the info I need re getting drivers from source, and preparing to update Windows).

Apologies for my previous title and other things being confusing (I blame auto-correcting etc, happening out of sight in my phone!).

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation