Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp 15-r033tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this notebook (Hp 15-r033tx) quite a while back and now i am unable to update to the latest nvidia drivers for the geforce 820m which is build into this system.

Everytime i try to update to the latest driver it says "hardware not found" even though it is listed in the hardware support list on nvidia driver page. The driver version 425.31-whql has the 820m listed in the hardware support list but when i try to install it says "nvidia driver is unable to detect the supported hardware". I can however update upto the driver version 391.25-whql with no problem.

I contacted Nvidia about the issue and they said that the error is not on their end but on the OEM side. Because of this problem with the gpu drivers i am unable to run Adobe applications with hardware acceleration ON because everytime i do that the application just crashes on startup. Games on the other hand has no problem running except for the newer 2020 titles which require atleast driver version 420 or up.

I also know for the fact that Nvidia has stopped the support of all the fermi based gpus but their last fermi support driver is 425.31-whql so i should be able to update to the last release driver which i am unable to. I also tried downloading the video drivers from the HP support site but its currupted everytime i download it.

Also the HP support assistance is of no help because it shows no update available.

I hope to atleast find a closure to this problem that i am facing here on OEM side becase Nvidia was no help to me.

My system specs are:

windows 10 x64 version 20H2

8gb ddr3 ram

512 WD blue SSD

Core i3 4005u @1.7ghz

Nvidia Geforce 820m 2gb

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.