cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
6 4 0 5
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Update caused all printers to disappear

HP Recommended
Envy 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A recent update with HP development company LP 11/18/2017 7.0.1.1 and HP Support Solutions Framework 12.9.24.3 has caused printer function to cease on an Envy 15. 

The printers can be seen in an application printer dropdown but do not exist in the Settings/Printers and Scanners.   An error is given is trying to print from the application.

What is the best way to back out this update to get printing functions back again. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,247 6,228 313 462
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@wlammert1

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support, to get the printer working back.

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number of your printer? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

Have you attempted a system restore?

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned below:

Either you could try re-installing the printer's full feature driver software, or you may follow this expert's link https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Boot-Repair-loop-caused-by-quo... , which talks about the same issue and he also has a solution for it. 🙂

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
6 4 0 5
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was able to resolve the issue by rolling back to the previous version of Windows, 1709, since I was in the 10 day period.  All is well and working now and will not upgrade to 1803 for several months until the issues are fixed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,247 6,228 313 462
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@wlammert1

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution for this concern.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation