Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Model: 15f1209nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am helping a friend with his laptop. I replaced the Hard drive on the laptop with a crucial SSD. I am trying to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10-64bit. I have the ISO on a USB drive and when I pop it in, the install screen comes up. You can select the language to install and hit the install button, but this is where the problems occur. The computer asks you to  install the appropriate drivers for the laptop. This makes sense becuase it is a new hard drive and does not have anything on it. Now, I have downloaded the drivers for this particular laptop on a USB drive from the HP website. It, however, will not recognize the .exe files I have on the USB? (Not really sure why this is)   When I hit the "browse" button, to try and browse the computer to find the USB drive with the appropriate drivers on it, it says that these are the incorrect drivers. Here is the link that I downloaded all of my drivers from......  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-f200-notebook-pc-series/7527799/model/9073060...

I would appreciate any help that you may provide. Thank you,

Shannon

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@nomoreusrnms 

Please go to the above link to download latest Chipset drivers, install and reboot machine first.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.