Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Usb 3.0 Port stopped working.

Hp g212nf, L1s58ea#ABF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi can someone please help, My usb 3.0 port suddenly stopped working. I have almost tried everything online to fix the problem but no result.

The only problem I can think of is that I just updated my system bios from f.35 to f.44; for that I tried to restore bios by key combination method (windows +b) it didn’t work either. Can any one help me fix the problem. Thanks in advance.

shot.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19004 18962 1239 1988
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @hjkl,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are having issues with USB 3.0 stopped working on your HP Notebook. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern.

I did a bit of research and found that the error code 29. This device is disabled because the firmware of the device did not give it the required resources. The possible solution is to update the drivers for the device. If the error continues, the device might be incompatible with the version of Windows you are using, the device hardware might have failed, or the connection to the device might be bad.

Please follow the support document, Click here

Here's a related post which has helped other customer's: Click here

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  

If they did, that's awesome!  

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
hjkl Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for answering i have treid above mentioned solution but no luck.  Then installed windows 8.1 erorr i still gave me same error. my concern was can it be becasue i updated my bios which is  causin this problem.  newer version of amd crimson grahic driver have also suddenly stopped working (which use to work fine in past). Only old catcalyst are now functioning properly.  Please help i dont know what to do.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19004 18962 1239 1988
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @hjkl,

Thanks for replying. If you're experiencing the issues after the bios update, I would suggest you could perform a Crisis Bios recovery which will roll back to the older version.

Please follow the steps, click here

Let me know how it goes. I'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
hjkl Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thanks again for your responce, I have tried to recover bios using usb method but i doesnot show any thing; screen remain blank and and it give caps lock give 2 blinks after each 3 secounds. please help 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19004 18962 1239 1988
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @hjkl,

Thanks for replying.

Please click on the below links once you identify the blink code and resolve the issue:

Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot

Computer Does Not Start and Emits a LED or Beep Code

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
hjkl Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi this is probably my last question until i leave this as it is that can is roll back from F.44 bios to F.35? When i try to do it through system utility it gives an error "This bios image is not intended for this purpose". if you can help me with this issue it will be a extremely nice gesture. Thank you
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19004 18962 1239 1988
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @hjkl,

Thanks for replying.

I found a youtube video which you could go through and restore the bios to an older version and this is the last option. Here is the link.

Let me know if there is something else that I can assist you with.

Thanks & Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation