Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (140 Views)

Video Driver Update Help

Product Name: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Recently I had some issues with my notebook to the point I had to get into Safe Mode and reinstall the video drivers.

Now the drivers I have are AMD Radeon R7 M260 (With a warning  sign) and the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter that I had to reinstall to resolve the issue.

Should I use the HP Support Assistant to fix the drivers or what should I do?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (89 Views)

Re: Video Driver Update Help

@mangoesonduty

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion 15 series notebook. I read that you had to reinstall the video drivers on the laptop due to some issues. However, the AMD Radeon R7 M260 appear with a warning sign. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • What was the reason for reinstalling the video drivers?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to run the HP Support Assistant as it will detect for the missing drivers and will help to download and install them. 

If the issue still persists with the video cards drivers after running the HP Support Assistant then I suggest you to continue with the following steps to manually install the drivers:

• First, let us uninstall the existing video drivers.
  • Open the device manager.

Device Manager

• Expand "Display adapters".
  • Right click on the drivers listed under display adapters and click uninstall.

Then download and install the drivers for the AMD Radeon R7 M260 via this AMD website link

I hope this information Please keep me posted about the results. Cheers! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (80 Views)

Hello MKazi,

Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it.

A few days ago I tried to update my display drivers via the device manager, but when it was installing the driver the Notebook restarted itself and got stuck on a screen with a spinning circle. After that any time that I tried to boot up the Notebook it would always end up in that screen with the spinning "loading" circle. So I went into Safe Mode, uninstalled the AMD driver and installed in its place the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

If I understand correctly, do I boot into Safe Mode and uninstall both drivers, restart the Notebook and then install them via the HP Support Assistant?

P.S. I believe the product number is F4J00LA#ABM.

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (56 Views)

@mangoesonduty

You're most welcome. Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know the laptop model no. (HP Pavilion 15-p002la Notebook) and letting me know the issue background.

Yes, you may boot into safe mode and uninstall the drivers.You may install the drivers while the laptop is in normal Windows mode. You may directly install the drivers from the HP website via this link. The drivers are available on the HP website.

Hope this helps. Let me know. Take care! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation