Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Warning: YouCam found a new webcam (HP Truevision HD). Do you want to begin using it? pops up, and when I choose yes it still keeps coming up. When I open Camera, the image doesn't appear too. This happened since I updated my laptop. I tried to update, but it said that it has already updated. I tried to disable and enable in Device Manager too, it still doesn't work.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @AS007

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the Webcam issue. 

Please try these steps - 

1) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2) Expand the Imaging Devices.
3) Right-click on the HP Webcam and select Uninstall.
4) Confirm the uninstallation.
5) Restart the computer to reinstall the Webcam driver.

Try updating your computer - 

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Download and install the BIOS from this link.   

You may also try these steps -  HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita6658 I have the same problem. My HP Truevision webcam was wiped out with a windows 10 update. My computer is only three years old and came with windows 10. So I downloaded the newest version of Youcam which is 9 and even though it appears in imaging devices it does not work.

HP Recommended

@DrewMann

Have you tried these steps yet? 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes I have thats why I downloaded Youcam for the software and driver. I can't find anything for HP Truevision and I don't want to go back with a system restore.

HP Recommended

@DrewMann

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sure, its :

HP ENVY - 17-s143cl   Product # X0S43UA#ABA

HP Recommended

@DrewMann

I'm afraid there are no drivers available on hp.com for the webcam. 

Please try these steps - HP PCs - Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 10)

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

THere is no webcam software or driver in my recovery manager

HP Recommended

@DrewMann

Thank you for posting back.

System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected.

You can also undo a System Restore if the restore does not resolve the issue or if the issue becomes worse.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.