Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
kartickmanna Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Warranty Expired

HP Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi I am Kartick Manna I brought an hp laptop on 21 february 2017 but when i check the warranty status it shows warranty has expired. Please help me sir

Model NO. HP Pavilion Notebook 15

(removed content)

2 REPLIES
kartickmanna Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Warranty Expired

Please sir help me to fix my problem Thank you
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
100491 13860 21296
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Warranty Expired

Hi:

This is a peer to peer forum, HP maintains no official presence here.

What you need to do to get the warranty start and end dates corrected is to contact HP support for the country you live in at the link below and report the problem.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

You will be asked to scan and e-mail or scan and upload to a link they send you, a copy of the sales receipt or invoice showing the purchase date.

After HP receives the information requested, the warranty will be adjusted normally within 3 business days.

I had to do the same thing too a couple of years ago when I bought a new HP computer.

Instead of what most companies do...you register your product and they start the warranty, HP starts the warranty clock ticking when it leaves the factory.

So, the longer a PC sits at a reseller's warehouse, the more the warranty time is gone.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation