Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible Laptop PC 13-bd0000 (172M8AV)

Hi,

I have just purchased my laptop from JB Hi in January 2023 and it is saying out of warranty as it was started in December 2021. I have no idea how to contact support for this? It only brings me to this community for assistance, can anyone point me in the right direction to get this fixed?

Many thanks,

Naomi

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Naomi:

The reason there is not at least a minimum of a 1-year warranty on your notebook remaining is because HP starts the warranty clock ticking the minute the PC leaves the assembly plant.

So, the more time that has elapsed since the notebook left the assembly plant to the time you purchased it, the less time there is on the warranty.

You can get the warranty start and end dates adjusted by one of these methods:

Submit an online warranty dispute.

HP PCs, Printers - How to Submit a Dispute to Validate Your Warranty | HP® Customer Support

You can contact HP customer support and have the warranty start and end dates adjusted.

Contact HP | HP® Australia

You also may be able to initiate a support request via the HP support assistant program that comes preinstalled on your notebook. 

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your feedback. It makes sense, I have however attempted to complete an online warranty dispute and it is a broken link on the web page and it says it no longer exists.

I have also tried to contact HP and I can not get a contact number up. When I click contact support it asks what my issue is I then click other, it brings up three options only: online virtual support, HP community and a solution centre for printing and scanning.
It is so frustrating! I just want to speak to a human. I’ll try the online virtual assistant as you suggested and see if this works. 
Many thanks, Naomi

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Naomi.

Sorry that the web page isn't working right now. 

I checked it last week and it was working. 

I entered the info on one of my PC's and it would have let me continue to dispute the warranty. 

Hopefully, you will be able to get HP to correct the warranty for you. 

Cheers,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.