1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Warranty info incorrect in HP support Assistant

HP Recommended
HP 250 G5 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 

I purchased new Notebook on  September 21st and turned it on for the first time on the 23rd.  Going into the HP support assistant it says I have only 10 months Warranty.  And that it started on 28th June 2017.  It's a new machine so how is it calculating?

I then went to the section that says 'Dispute your warranty'.  When I put in the info required including the serial no.  (which is correct)

It finds my system and says about being covered for manufacturers warranty for 10 month from 27th June but also says :'We were able to retrieve the warranty status but not all the product information tied with the serial number.  Sorry for the inconvenience'

So I'm not able to dispute it.  I can of course provide proof of purchase via the email recepts from the online retailer. So I'm at a dead end since it can't seem to find all the details of the system.

Can someone advise what I can do next  Any help much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Colin 

1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
33,223 32,700 3,048 11,052
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CDB72

If you have not yet done so, I suggest you contact HP to have the issue sorted.

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts 

Open Browser to HP Forum,

Scroll down to the bottom of the page,

Click Contact HP

Click Shopping or Support > Get Started

Technical Support Details

USA / Canada

1. Submit information online: HP Customer Support - USA / Canada - Contact > Get started
  2. Click the Blue “?” to see help on finding your Product Number / Serial Number
  3. View Contact options

UK

1. For faster support, submit information online HP Customer Support - UK - Contact
  2. Contact Phone: 0207 660 0596

Everywhere else

HP World-Wide Support

Additional Information - "Things that are HP"

Need help finding your computer?

Visual search-and-click to assist finding your computer model

Help to find Product Information:

Warranty Check

NOTE:  Use the "multiple systems" method to check your single system or multiple systems

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter Serial Numberand Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Click the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit(at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

Scams and Unscrupulous Contacts – Please READ:

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation