Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 255 G6 (2EW01ES)
Other

The conclusion is: there is no need to update the BIOS. A fly in the ointment.

Good day. I updated the BIOS to version F.40 Rev.A. SMBIOS version 3.0. Now when I go into the BIOS, the laptop is very noisy and warm. Also when I download the free MS-DOS environment, the laptop is also very noisy and hot. It turns out the BIOS does not control the operation of the CPU and it is 100% loaded. Probably the default developers put high processor performance in the BIOS, and since the BIOS cannot control the performance of the processor depending on the load, this is what happens. In my opinion it is wrong and not productive and requires elimination. Before the BIOS update, no such symptoms were observed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Before updating the BIOS, you need to think a hundred times whether it is worth updating it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Please answer who has this situation with BIOS version 31.0 - 40.0 REV. A.

HP Recommended

Do you guys have an original factory BIOS dump of this HP 255 G6 laptop (2EW01ES)? Please send, I will be very grateful. Please see which version of the BIOS comes from the factory.

HP Recommended

Most likely the problem lies in the settings that are available in advanced mode:

447,P-States(IST),"Disabled,Enabled",,"Enable processor performance states(P-States)."

448,Boot Performance Mode,"Max Battery,Max Performance",,"Select the performance state that BIOS will set before OS handoff."

In new laptops, the BIOS is configured in quiet mode for bench operation in a display case. And when we update the BIOS, the manufacturer switches these modes to achieve faster loading of Windows.

I believe that it is appropriate to add the availability of switching these modules in the BIOS. The user himself has the right to decide what is better for him, noisy BIOS or slow loading of Windows.

HP Recommended

Before updating the BIOS, you need to think a hundred times whether it is worth updating it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.