Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop 15-dc1088nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am typing on an HP Pavilion dv6 Windows 7 laptop that I purchased in 2014. As soon as I got the dv6 I uninstalled the Synaptics Touchpad from hell permanently, something I cannot do with my new Omen 15 and I would like for someone from HP to tell me why they can dictate how we set up our computers.

I live on 5 acres and do all the mowing, fence fixing, home maintenance etc so I have callouses on my hands which limits electrical conductivity needed for touch devices, it is referred to as Zombie Fingers, Google it.  It causes TOUCH Thingies to not respond or be erratic. Does not matter if its a touch pad on a cell phone, laptop, fridge, washer or an atm/checkout, they all seldom respond and I hate using them.

I have been using  Logitech roller ball mice for the past 7 years with the dv6 with no problem, have never needed the touchpad, so I don't know why the HP Reps on this site keep arguing with the customers who do not want the Synaptics program causing the curser to fly all over the place when we type, telling us we need to have it. Then HP treats us like idiots and forbids us to remove it with computer code sabotage. Plus there are lots of complaints on other websites about this issue so it is not just a few mere customers wanting this.

It has been over a year since I bought my Omen 15 and have I never finished setting it up because I get so angry over this issue. I have spent weeks worth of hours either on the phone with Micro Soft or HP Customer support, doing endless Google searches, changing the Bios which is no longer an option and did not work, changing the registry, which did not work, nothing has worked.  I can't believe humans allow car manufactures to make cars so people can drive them drunk but we can't disable a touch pad in a lap top. I wish I could throw the Omen through the office window of the decision maker who came up with this nonsense. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.