Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-20-2021 01:35 PM
Sure - the printer can do this.
Printer is unaware of what it is printing.
You need an application or specialty printing software to create projects of this type.
For example, free from the Microsoft Store
"Applications" tend to be relatively "self-contained".
That said, Install the Full Feature Software / Full Driver printer software in addition to HP Smart, Collage application, or other specialty printing software.
References / Resources
The full driver provides the foundation on which other programs and printing software depend.
Printer Software - Preparation
If you have not done so,
Inaddition to the HP Smart application,
Install the Full Feature Software / full driver printer software for the printer.
HP Smart and other print software / applications benefit from having the full driver installed.
Printer Software Check
If the full driver printer software is installed, you will see the printer listed inControl Panel > icon view > Programs and Features.
The installation of the printer software adds two shortcut icons to theDesktop.
ThePrinter Assistant is named for the printer and provides access to Print , Scan , and Tools
HP Scanis named for itself and provides a direct call to the HP Scan software.
Printer software not installed?
Use the Easy Start wrapper to install and configure the printer software.
- Home Page - HP Easy Start
- Open Category Software and Drivers
- Topic: Software-Utility
- Download-and-Save the current version of the Easy Start wrapper to install your print software
- If using USB: Disconnect the USB cable between the printer and computer before installing the software.
- Right-Click on the downloaded package and "Run as Administrator" to start the installation
- When asked, Select to install the “Full Driver” / “Full Feature Software”
- If using USB: Connect the cable when instructed to do so (near the end of the installation process).
- After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in.
Notes >> Easy Start... The Journey
- Full Administrator Rights are required to complete the HP Software installation.
- About 2/3 of the way through the setup, you will be given the opportunity to select the software - select the "Full Driver" set (as opposed to the basic driver or other application).
- You can skip / ignore suggestion(s) that you add the HP Account – you’ll need the account at some point, for now, you can skip this suggestion (as many times as it insists it’s a good idea) during the full driver software installation.
- If you see it, you can skip / ignore suggestion(s) regarding Instant Ink subscription. Instant Ink subscription is NOT mandatory.
- Disconnect from Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection while installing printer software.
- Full driver includes print and scan functions supported by your printer and provides the printer features on which other applications / software might depend.
“Things that are your printer”
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
: Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) aCategory > Topic > Subtopic
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.
Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community