Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion slimline 400-434
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After windows 10 just updated, my start up screen that you sign into before the desktop screen loads has changed to a design that I don't like.  How do I change this screen theme?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @jackhs, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you would like to know how to change the background theme on the lock screen.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried checking with a different browser?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned you would like to know how to change the background theme on the lock screen.

To tweak your lock screen to your liking, select the Start button, then select Settings  > Personalization  > Lock screen. Try changing the background to a favorite photo or slideshow, or choose any combination of detailed and quick status notifications to show you upcoming calendar events, social network updates, and other app and system notifications.

You can try changing the theme by trying the steps recommended below.

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Personalization icon.

2. Click/tap on Themes on the left side, click/tap on a theme you want under Apply a theme on the right side.

To Choose a High Contrast Theme in Settings

1. Open Settings, and do step 2 or step 3 below for how you would like to open High contrast settings.

2. Click/tap on the Personalization icon, click/tap on Colors on the left side, click/tap on the High contrast settings link at the bottom of the right side, and go to step 4 below.

3. Click/tap on the Ease of Access icon, and go to step 4 below. 

4. Click/tap on High contrast on the left side, and choose a high contrast theme you want in the drop-down menu on the right side. 

5. Make any color changes you would like and click/tap on Apply.

6. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @jackhs, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you would like to know how to change the background theme on the lock screen.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried checking with a different browser?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned you would like to know how to change the background theme on the lock screen.

To tweak your lock screen to your liking, select the Start button, then select Settings  > Personalization  > Lock screen. Try changing the background to a favorite photo or slideshow, or choose any combination of detailed and quick status notifications to show you upcoming calendar events, social network updates, and other app and system notifications.

You can try changing the theme by trying the steps recommended below.

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Personalization icon.

2. Click/tap on Themes on the left side, click/tap on a theme you want under Apply a theme on the right side.

To Choose a High Contrast Theme in Settings

1. Open Settings, and do step 2 or step 3 below for how you would like to open High contrast settings.

2. Click/tap on the Personalization icon, click/tap on Colors on the left side, click/tap on the High contrast settings link at the bottom of the right side, and go to step 4 below.

3. Click/tap on the Ease of Access icon, and go to step 4 below. 

4. Click/tap on High contrast on the left side, and choose a high contrast theme you want in the drop-down menu on the right side. 

5. Make any color changes you would like and click/tap on Apply.

6. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for helping me change the picture theme on my lock screen.  It was easy after recieving your instructionss.

Thanks again

jackhs

HP Recommended

Hi! @jackhs, You're welcome and thanks for your prompt response.

I am happy to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.