Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-20-2022 08:56 AM - edited 01-20-2022 08:59 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
This seems like webcam driver is missing after a recent update. Even an antivirus program might be blocking the camera, privacy settings don't allow camera access for some apps, or there's a problem with the app you want to use.
Firstly, let's test the Camera app:
Select Start then choose Camera, select Yes to allow access to the Camera. If the camera works in the Camera app, the issue might be with the app you're trying to use. If the issue persists, follow next steps.
Next update the latest driver using Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install. If the issue persists, follow next steps
Webcam Driver Rollback:
- In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select Properties.
- Select the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver, and then choose Yes. (Note that some drivers don’t provide a rollback option.)
- After the rollback is complete, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.
If the issue persists, uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
03-01-2022 06:12 AM
I upgraded to Windows 11. I believe the camera was operating properly even after the initial upgrade; however, it is not working now. I discovered this when Windows Hello stopped working. There is no camera listed in Device Manager. I have had other issues since upgrading or maybe a Win11 update. Very frustrating.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community