Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 14-ce2501sa
Microsoft Windows 11

I recently updated to Windows 11 and immediately began having problems with my laptop such as a blue screen that claimed my PC had run into a problem and had to restart and also a black screen which said ‘attempting repairs’. Today the laptop stopped working completely, upon starting up it had a message which described a boot up issue. I took it to a repair shop and I now have to pay €120 to replace my hard drive, which the repair man said was damaged by the software update and that it has happened to several customers over the past few weeks. My laptop is out of warranty but only 2 years old, is there a way for contact HP to claim compensation? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.