Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (205 Views)

Windows 7 Webcam and Graphics Card Drivers

Product Name: Compaq CQ58
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Okay so I'm not that experienced with techforums and I searched the driver query on here and found similar results but nothing that pinpoints just the webcam and graphics card drivers of my particular notebook. I've tried using the HP driver search tool on the website but you can only select Windows 8 when searching.

I thought I'd be fine using "Windows Anytime Upgrade" and getting a newer version of Winows 7 with more features.

I definitely don't want to get any other version of Windows as the reason I downgraded back to Windows 7 was because I was unhappy with 10 and even 8. This one is absolutely fine for me, there must be drivers available online still for webcam and graphics card? I simply can't search or find my webcam and upon loading Photoshop I receive the error message that my graphics card needs updating 

I have wireless internet.

Thanks alot

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 8 (200 Views)

Re: Windows 7 Webcam and Graphics Card Drivers

Hi:

There are dozens of CQ58 model variations, so please post the full model number or product number of your notebook.

The product number can be found on the same sticker as the serial number.

Then I can see what graphics driver you need.

The webcam won't work unless the graphics driver is installed.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (198 Views)

Thanks for replying. Details are:

Compaq CQ58-278SA Notebook PC

Model #:C1Z92EA

Provost
Message 4 of 8 (193 Views)

You're very welcome.

You need this graphics driver and webcam software...

This package provides the driver that enables the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

File name: sp56673.exe

This package contains the CyberLink YouCam Software for the supported notebook models and operating systems. CyberLink YouCam is a webcam application that enables users to capture images and video from a web camera and apply visual effects to captured images and video.

File name: sp59986.exe

Honor Student
Message 5 of 8 (180 Views)

Hi, 

I downloaded and installed 56673 and it seems to have worked as, upon restarting, my Photoshop has worked properly. However I can't seem to download the other file - my download rate just ceases to 0 after about 20 seconds. Do you know anyother software that would help my computer locate my webcam? Right now it still can't and - when I search my drivers to update - it says they're already upto date :/

Thanks alot, much appreciated

Provost
Message 6 of 8 (168 Views)

Hi:

Sorry the youcam software didn't work.

Try this version instead.

This package contains the CyberLink YouCam Software for the supported notebook models and operating systems. CyberLink YouCam is a webcam application that enables users to capture images and video from a web camera and apply visual effects to captured images and video.

File name: sp63287.exe

Honor Student
Message 7 of 8 (163 Views)

I don't know what's happened but that file won't download either. It's only since I installed the first graphics card file that it's began to happen. My screen has started flickering randomly aswell...has my system been damaged somehow? Was that file completely clean d'you think? 

Provost
Message 8 of 8 (156 Views)

Hi:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know why that is happening.  There is nothing wrong with the files.

The original files I gave you are from the HP 2000t-2a00 model which has the same hardware as your model does, but it has W7 drivers.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-2000-2a00-Notebook-PC-series/5259212/model/527537...

You may want to reinstall W7, and use the drivers from the above model.

Start with the Intel chipset installation utility.  Restart the PC.

Next install the graphics driver and restart the PC.

Then the audio driver, and restart the PC.

Then the ethernet driver.

Then the wireless card driver.

Then you can install any of the rest of the drivers and software that you need in any order you want.

Do not use the BIOS file on your model.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation