Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 14-dq0000 Laptop PC (2D127AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Just few hours ago, I bought a new HP laptop.

The problem is this brand new laptop is already showing a glitch like an old laptop.

and when I clicked any app such as Explorer, it takes several seconds to launch it. I feel like I bought a used laptop.

All I did was the set-up automatically done by HP. No installation of any other problems nor new apps.

Do I have to return it and get a new one.....

I would appreciate for an expert advice. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@sba80 

OK, yeah -- that makes all the difference in the world in terms of expected performance.  I have an older i5 laptop with a SATA SSD and it works very well.

There is still the third issue -- Windows Update -- and that should finish in one day.  But Windows Updates are pushed out on Tuesday evenings and Wednesday mornings, so tomorrow is likely to be a poor performance day, as well.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@sba80 

There are several different issues here ...

First, the specs show this has a Celeron processor -- that is really low-end and this will be a poor performer as a result

Second, the specs show this has an SSD instead of an HDD, that should help performance, but might not be enough to offset the processor.

Third, any new laptop, once connected to the Internet, is automatically going to launch Windows Update -- and that will tie up the laptop searching for updates, downloading them, and installing them -- possibly for hours.  During this whole time, the laptop is going to be crawling along, being barely usable.  There is nothing you can do about this other than wait it out.

HP Recommended

Hi,

First of all, thanks for your reply!

I think I put a wrong model # causing you got the wrong spec...

The actual spec is this:

Intel Core™ i5
12 GB -DDR4
512 GB SSD
Intel Iris Xe graphics

Window 10-home

HP Recommended

@sba80 

OK, yeah -- that makes all the difference in the world in terms of expected performance.  I have an older i5 laptop with a SATA SSD and it works very well.

There is still the third issue -- Windows Update -- and that should finish in one day.  But Windows Updates are pushed out on Tuesday evenings and Wednesday mornings, so tomorrow is likely to be a poor performance day, as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.