Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-28-2023 09:22 AM - edited 01-28-2023 10:05 AM
Welcome to the HP Community Forum.
Correction - Adjust content for fingerprint reader
The service manual lists the fingerprint reader as an optional feature.
- Check your purchase records for the feature having been included.
- Try using PartSurfer and your Serial number.
If the system does not detect the hardware, that component will not be listed in the Device Manager.
Item 3 - Page 12
The cover insert looks similar to the fingerprint reader sensor.
Fingerprint sensors rarely fail -- like other components, they might do so.
Repair / Replacement / Installation
The Service Manual includes part numbers and the replacement / installation procedure.
References / Resources
PartSurfer might be able to tell you exactly which parts came with your computer.
- For the most precise results, use your Serial Number for your search
- Reminder: Do NOT post private information (including serial number) in the Community
- Select your Country
- Search for your computer / printer / device >> See HINT
- Need Help? Tab Self help > find and open the User Guide and FAQ
How to use PartSurfer:
- Select your region / country - PartSurfer must know your general location
- Enter your device Product Number , Serial Number, or Part Number in the Quick Search box
- HINT: To see a system-specific list, replace the Product Number with your device Serial Number
- Items accompanied by a tiny box in the Add-to-Cart column are available for purchase
Parts marked as "n/a" (or are missing from the list) are not available from HP.
Parts marked as available for purchase might be available > CHECK: HP Parts Store
When HP does not provide the part for retail purchase,
Use your search engine to find a compatible part number replacement at your favorite online store.
HP Device Home Page - References and Resources
Learn about your Device - Solve Problems
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more
Thank you for participating in the HP Community --
People who own, use, and support HP devices.
Click Yes to say Thank You
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community