Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example:g7-1219 wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i got an error message from my computer where it says bios is corrupt!  what does this mean and how can i fix without having to take it to a service center if possible?  would anyone know how to fix it rather than just take it to a service center automatically?  rsvp. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@juliareyes,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

What is the correct error message that you get on the computer screen? Could you please share the screenshot of the error as this will help me in further assisting you.

Have you tried to make any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Are you able to boot into the Bios screen?

Let's try to perform a Bios recovery on your PC.

For more details, please refer to this support document for - HP Notebook PCs - Recovering the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Could you please respond to this post with the details so that I can provide you with accurate steps which should help you resolve this issue. 

Waiting for your response!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i live in buenos aires, argentina but have an american hp notebook pc down here.  i bought it online.  can i still have it serviced at an independent service center since hp argentina has told me that they cannot give me technical support?  rsvp. 

HP Recommended

@juliareyes,

HP Global Warranty covers HP products at the level of standard warranty offered in the country in which it is used. For example, a product purchased in country "A" and moved to country "B" receives the current warranty coverage provided by country "B" (if that product is marketed or supported in country B).

This means if you are having issues related to software you can get phone support world wide. However if the issue has been diagnosed as a possible hardware failure. In this scenario, you would need to contact the service center from the region you have originally purchased this PC.

For more details, please refer to this support website - HP - Global Warranty and FAQs

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Take care and have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.