Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (106 Views)

both ctrl key not working

Product Name: HP Notebook
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

hello, 

i need help. my both ctrl keys are not working. like i wanna to copy, cut or paste. it is just not working. i still have manufactory warranty. i already talk to hp community about this problem but he said that i need to hard reset so that all this problem can be fix. but i dont want my notebook been hard reset because it have a lot of things that important for me. if you recommend to remove it to external disk, it hard for me because i dont have external disk. i also already talk to computer service and he said that i need to change whole thing (new keyboard). please help me. 2018-04-18 (1).png

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 5 (77 Views)

Re: both ctrl key not working

@Genius1009,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that both the control keys are not working on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

As you have mentioned that you have spoken to a local tech and he suggested to replace the keyboard. I recommend you contact HP phone support to get the keyboard replaced.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to autodetects

Scroll down to “Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options”

Scroll down and click on HP contact options – click on Get phone number.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Your feedback counts!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (68 Views)

i tried call the hp customer service but they dont pick up the phone. i call several times but no answer from your community. you have such a bad service.

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 5 (56 Views)

@Genius1009,

I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (46 Views)

Thanks. I will contact you back if there is no response in 4-5 business days.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation