Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have this issue. Error received is 0xA00F4244.  This began after a Windows Feature Update and it isn't possible to roll back or uninstall the update. The camera is not listed in device manager. I have attempted to use Control Panel TROUBLESHOOTING and HP Support Assistant to resolve this.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the AppPkg microsoft.windowscamera via powershell. My antivirus does not have any settings which would disable the camera, but for informational purposes, I use Norton Security Suite. My pc information is:

HP Notebook - 17-bs049dx

serial number [edit]
Product # 2PE35UA#ABA

Microsoft Windows 10 home 64 bit

Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

I have searched high and low for a driver; it's not on the HP support site and the product spec page only states "HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone" as the model.

See here

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05538727

System restore doesn't have a restore point far enought back because I recently performed disk cleanup and deleted old restore points. Unfortunately, I don't have a system image or recovery disk. The only option I have not tried is a reset, which may solve the issue but will make life difficult due to the proprietary software I host and the effort required to get it all setup again.

If you can provide a driver or update to the firmware on the drivers and support download page, or an update via HP support assistant, it would be very much appreciated by the entire HP computing community. A little research online let me know this issue is widespread and the common solutions don't solve the problem. Thank you for an otherwise amazing product!

@scotty5009 wrote:

i have a HP PAVILION 15 NOTEBOOK -15-P199na (energy star) 

serial number [edit]

product number K7R28EA#ABU

WINDOWS 10 64 BIT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@CryptoKid76

Thank you for responding,

Although, I'm glad it's worked out for you!

I think we can both agree at this point that there are other people within the HP Forums community or otherwise, who could benefit from our conversation and if you don't mind, clicking on accept as solution on this post (as I have added the steps that have resolved your concern, as well) it would be awesome.

That said, If you have any other concerns or queries, do not hesitate to ask as we'll be glad to help,

And have a good day ahead.

Stay blessed!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@CryptoKid76

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher, is at your service (Like a Genie, however, without magic powers) 😉

As I understand the device is isn't recognizing the camera anymore,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Have you attempted to update to a generic webcam driver using the device manager?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Go to device manager> imaging devices> [your camera name, e.g., HD Webcam]> driver> update driver> search automatically for updated driver software and that should do the trick.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

For I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, if you don't get back to us 😉 

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher,

thank you for following up. Yes, I have checked the device manager and it is not there. I also allowed an HP agent to remote access my pc this morning, and that person installed a third party software camera from Microsoft store to test the harware. Below is a picture of my device manager console.  

After reading your email, I went looking for a generic Windows driver and found this page. I attempted to install the drivers but was prevented due to setup looking for a plug and play device in a USB port. However, I was able to install LifeCam3.60 from this page. https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/downloads

After restarting my pc and opening device manager and scanning for hardware changes, no imaging device is listed other than my printer/scanner.

image.png

HP Recommended

@CryptoKid76

I truly appreciate your hard work and patience. 

As @Riddle_Decipher is out of the office today, I'm replying to you.

Ideally, if the webcam is not listed in the device manager as in your case, we need to perform the following steps:
NOTE: Kindly ignore the steps that you have already attempted.

1. Restart your laptop.

If the problem persists, continue using these steps.

2. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

3. If there is no Imaging devices category listed, select Action, then Scan for hardware changes.

Image: Scan for hardware changes

4. If Device Manager does not recognize the webcam after the scan, use Microsoft System Restore to go back to a time when the webcam was working properly.

If problems persist, the webcam might have become unplugged internally, and the computer might require service to correct the issue.

In case the issue still persists then please continue with the following steps:

• In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

• Double-click Imaging Devices to expand the list of webcam drivers.

• If the HP Webcam-101 or Microsoft USB Video Device is listed, right-click the driver and select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen instructions.

Finally, a Microsoft System Restore can be attempted to rollback the later to an earlier date when everything worked fine. The steps mentioned in "Restore your computer when Windows starts normally" from this HP document will help.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted for further assistance.

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you again. I have completed all these steps without success. I even performed a system reset, which was also unsuccessful. I have 8 months remaining on my warranty. The only option left is the camera has become unplugged, but I am highly doubtful of this. My camera worked fine one day and quit working suddenly after the Microsoft update. By researching this issue online, I find I am not the only person to experience this, but one of many. Very many, as a simple google search will reveal pages worth of forums and troubleshooting which has been attempted by others. I have not been able to find a generic windows camera driver either. It seems they don't offer camera drivers after Windows 8.1. I am very reluctuctant to return my laptop for warranty repair, because I am self employed and this pc is my lifeline. Are there any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

My camera is working now. On a whim, I decided to remove the bezel and see if the connection had become dislodged. As soon as the bezel popped off, the camera started working. I have no idea what caused this but I didn't reattach anything. It just started working. Thank you for all the support throughout this ordeal

HP Recommended

@CryptoKid76

Thank you for responding,

Although, I'm glad it's worked out for you!

I think we can both agree at this point that there are other people within the HP Forums community or otherwise, who could benefit from our conversation and if you don't mind, clicking on accept as solution on this post (as I have added the steps that have resolved your concern, as well) it would be awesome.

That said, If you have any other concerns or queries, do not hesitate to ask as we'll be glad to help,

And have a good day ahead.

Stay blessed!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.