Tutor
10 7 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

connecting a printer to notebook

hp pavilion notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

im trying to connect a printer to my notebook with a USB cable it wont connect i keep getting "etered interne connection how do i connect it  someone please help me

9 REPLIES 9
Provost Provost
Provost
9,463 9,251 1,798 3,396
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi.

Go to PC settings, under the tab Devices move the slider metered internet connection to off.

Every time you connect the printer Windows is trying to get the drivers automatically from internet, but is not able to because you have metered internet connection turned on. So if you turn it off it will be able to get drivers for printer.

Hope it helps,

David

0 Kudos
tracyjg5 Tutor
Tutor
10 7 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

still no connection just  setup incomplete because of a metered connection  any ideas ?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9,463 9,251 1,798 3,396
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Download and install the drivers for the printer. Give me make and model and I can help you find the drivers and software.

Let me know,

David

0 Kudos
tracyjg5 Tutor
Tutor
10 7 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hello David its an epson xp 205 series printer i hope this is what you need as i said im all new to this stuff

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9,463 9,251 1,798 3,396
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK Tracy,

Go to this page and in the little box in the left choose your operating system (8.x 64-bit).

http://esupport.epson-europe.com/ProductHome.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=0ccCGROWIYOQrDfDVk2P99vd9W+AxmdD2Lc...

Leave the printer connected to the PC. These are the ones you need to download to get printer and scanner working (the other software you can download if you want to use it).

EPSON Scan (3.793)

Driver (7.01)

Epson Product Setup (1.4)

Epson Software updater (4.40)

Download these files and install them on your PC with the Printer connected and after it should work correctly. Follow the various windows while installing.

Let me know,

David

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9,463 9,251 1,798 3,396
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Just checking in to see if you got printer up and running.

David

0 Kudos
tracyjg5 Tutor
Tutor
10 7 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi David , well i managed to download and install 3 of the 4 but when tryting "epson product setup (1.4 ) aal i got was this page can't be displayed so still no printer 

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9,463 9,251 1,798 3,396
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

There seems to be a problem with the Epson server (at least for that file). What we are going to try next is to turn aff metered connection in Windows (you can always turn back on if necessary). 

I am providing a link to a guide to do this as it is easier to see actual pictures of how it is done. Let me know if you need any help following guide.

After you have switched off metered connection, try connecting the printer to PC with USB cable.

Let me know,

David

0 Kudos
tracyjg5 Tutor
Tutor
10 7 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

all sorted now thanks

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation