Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
10-13-2021 06:28 AM
Product: HP Stream - 14-cb174wm
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 IOT
ok, now idk if any 1 human even has the enough capacity in they're day to help me figure this out. so in may i bought this laptop from Walmart, and upon purchase I got the 1-yeatr manufacturers warranty. now from what i understand hp as a company should willingly want to fix this mishap but being as i bought it from Walmart which is technically a third party idk if thwarranty is through Hewlett-Packard and or Walmart as a whole.. any sugg\\\\\\
1 REPLY 1
10-13-2021 08:32 AM
Welcome to the HP Community.
ok, now idk (I don't know) if any 1 human even has the enough capacity in they're day to help me figure this out. so in may i bought this laptop from Walmart, and upon purchase I got the 1-yeatr manufacturers warranty. now from what i understand hp as a company should willingly want to fix this mishap but being as i bought it from Walmart which is technically a third party idk if the warranty is through Hewlett-Packard and or Walmart as a whole.. any suggestions \\\\\\
Does the computer need Warranty repair?
Contact HP Support
If it is just the Warranty Date that needs to be adjusted,
(Scroll down) Submit a Warranty Dispute to have the date fixed.
HP Support - Technical Support for Devices in Warranty
- Case submission to HP Support is available to those whose devices registered and are still in Warranty.
- Not every issue is covered under the standard Hardware Warranty. Purchased Care Pack Warranties differ by contract.
- HP is not a "general" repair facility: Requests for out-of-warranty repairs are generally not accepted.
- If the problem is hardware, if your device is in Warranty, if your device is Registered, and you cannot submit your case to Support, let us know and we will forward a request.
- HP Phone numbers you find on the Internet have likely been hijacked.
Out of Warranty? What to do...
For those of us who are "Out of Warranty" people, submitting a case to HP is not an option.
HP Support does not generally provide free service for out-of-warranty devices.
Our Community is not HP Support; we do offer help free of charge.
- When you submit your question to the Community,
- Provide as much information as possible about the product, for example, the exact model of the device and the Operating System
- Tell us what you have tried to fix the problem.
- As best you can, describe the issue for which you are seeking our help.
Submit a case for Warranty Support / Repair to HP Support.
HP Technical Support – Contact Information
- Submit information / case online
- Sign in or continue as a guest
- Certain regions provide phone / chat contact only after the case is submitted online
Select a method and contact HP Support…
Open website HP World-Wide Support
Select your region and follow the prompts
USA / Canada > HP® Customer Support - USA
>>> HP Support on Facebook >>> HP on Facebook
Some regions offer WhatsApp
NOTE: Submission Checks the device warranty status
Covered regions –Check video at minute 2:08
Video: WhatsApp - HP Support
NOTE: There might be delays – read the FAQ
In Windows > Settings > System > About > (Support) Online support > Contact an HP Agent
Open homepage for HP Community > Hover mouse over Support
Beneath Support Resources > Contact Us
Register your product during first setup or soon afterwards
Have a Care Pack Warranty that needs to be Registered?
Check the Warranty on your product
NOTE: Warranty date is updated after purchase and registration of the device.
If the device is not registered, or if there are other issues, submit a Warranty Dispute form.
NOTE 2: If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to
check single or multiple devices.
- If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
- Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
- Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
- Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
- Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
- When the page opens, Click View Details
Reminder: Online database results do not impact the actual contract.
Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.
- If necessary, select your Region / Country: Scroll to bottom of page and click the Flag
- HP Computers and Printers - How to Submit a Dispute to Validate Your Warranty
HP Video – Submit a Warranty Dispute: https://youtu.be/PTMvck49GP4
HP Limited Warranty Statements (General Information)
Standard Warranty, that is, the warranty included with the device, typically covers hardware as explained in the Warranty document. Optional Care Pack warranties differ by contract.
- HP Limited Warranty Statements | HP® Official Site
- HP - Global Warranty and FAQs
- HP PCs - Damage Not Covered by the HP Standard Limited Warranty
HP Device Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
Learn how to submit a dispute to validate your warranty through support.hp.com. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:16 Check Product Warranty 00:43 Dispute Product Warranty 00:57 Sign in to HP Account 01:18 Enter Details in Warranty Validation Form 01:33 Upload Proof of Purchase 02:05 Submit Dispute ...
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community