Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i seem to have accidentally deactivated the touch pad on my spectre laptop. How do i reactivate?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

> accidentally deactivated the touch pad on my spectre laptop. How do i reactivate?

On some touchpads, double-tap at the top-left-corner to enable/disable it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Salihatr

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand you need help in re-activating the touchpad,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Have you attempted a system restore?

Did you double tap the upper-left corner of the touchpad to enable it?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

I recommend the below steps:

Press the Windows Key + R > Type devmgmt.msc > Click OK. Expand the Mice and other pointing devices section. If you see the touchpad in here right click on it and select Enable.

If the issue perists, please right-click the same device and uninstall it, this time, then restart the PC as it should automatically re-install it and it should start working.

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the response.

Your proferred solution makes sense and i tried it, but there seems to be no "touch pad" option under "mice and other pointing devices", only "HID Compliant Mouse"

What do I do now?

HP Recommended

@Salihatr

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

That said, did you check if the touchpad works on BIOS?

If not, that's the best way to identify the issue, just tap on the F10 during restart to access the BIOS and move the touchpad around to check if it works,

If it doesn't it would confirm a hardware malfunction and you may want to Contact HP for a replacement part,

However, if it works on the BIOS screen, try the below steps:

1. Go to the HP Drivers and Downloads web page. Enter your computer model number and then click Go.
  2. Select your computer model from the list of results.
  3. Select your operating system from the drop-down menu and then click Next.
  4. Scroll down to select the driver category Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices.
  5. Click the Download button next to the appropriate TouchPad or ClickPad driver. The file downloads to your Downloads folder
  6. Open your Downloads folder and double-click to install the latest driver. Follow on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

> accidentally deactivated the touch pad on my spectre laptop. How do i reactivate?

On some touchpads, double-tap at the top-left-corner to enable/disable it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.