Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

HR1 Student
Student
Message 1 of 6 (2,039 Views)

docking station

I put my (new) Elitebook 8460p into a (new) HP 90W Docking Station. The docking station does not have a lock. I turned the laptop off but it won't eject from the docking station. The eject button only goes down about 1/8". Does anyone know of a way to release the laptop when the docking station eject button does not work?

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 6 (1,919 Views)

Re: docking station

I too am having the same issue.  Is there a solution to this?  I'm ready to yank the laptop out of the docking station...:manfrustrated:

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (1,664 Views)

I'm having the same problem with my docking station not releasing my computer...how was your issue resolved a year ago?

Honor Student
Message 4 of 6 (1,659 Views)

Hello Lopey,

Unfortunately the only way I solved it was to disassemble the docking station while the laptop was still intact.  This of course voided the warranty and caused the docking station to be of no use after this was done. 

Do not yank the laptop out of the docking station as this may damage the contacts from the bottom of your laptop causing further damage.

Contact HP if you still have warranty on your device.  If not and you don't want to perform the above mention, your local Computer Store maybe able to help you.

Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (1,657 Views)

Thanks.  Very frustrating and will necessitate purchasing a new docking station.  grrrrrrr.!

Student
Message 6 of 6 (628 Views)

Dissasemble docking station and set the bottom spring arm to be at the bottom position.  Be sure you disconnect two pins and whent setting that bottom lever you feel it locks down.  Before assembling actuate the undocking ejection biutton to assure it goes down all they way every time.  You make lubricate moving parts and be sure all safety pins are in place.  Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation