Top Student
6 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

dont have advance settings in bios

HP pavilion 15 au108tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Good day please help me i have hp pavilion 15 au108tx my specs are intel core i5 7th gen, gpu of nvidia 940mx 4gb dedicated. My bios settings dont have an advance settings i want to increase my gpu in bios because everytime i play games it is so lag when i unplugged my charger but when i plug the game is so smooth i try to nvidia as my default display and the battery is high performance I feel that it is in the bios in advance settings but my bios dont have an advance settings.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14804 970 1607
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @kyash1433

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to find the advanced option in BIOS.

I’d love to help!

HP has locked a few settings on your computer which are being managed by the system configuration as the device is configured to its optimal performance.

There's no way of resetting or changing these locked settings via HP articles or assistance.

The games you are playing requires more power which the battery is not able to provide that is the reason why there is a lag. I recommend you to always keep the charger connected when you are playing games.

Your video system permanently grabs a specific amount of system memory for video (say 256 MB) and then it can pull additional memory from Windows as needed. So if you ever are doing anything that requires filling up say 512 MB with video data, your system will do it on the fly. You likely do not need to increase the video memory very often, if ever, even if you are trying to play games. 

You could unlock the bios and make changes at your own discretion using 3rd party tools, however, HP doesn't recommend the same nor has information about the tools used.

I hope you understand.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

kyash1433 Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is it ok for the battery to charge even if it full for a long time? Does it affect the life of my battery. Please tell me how to unlock advance settings in bios.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14804 970 1607
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @kyash1433

Thank you for posting back.

Yes, it is perfectly fine to keep the charger connected all the time when you are playing games it will not affect the battery. Once the battery is fully charged, the computer will stop charging the battery automatically.

As I have mentioned it my previous post there's no way of resetting or changing these locked settings via HP articles or assistance.

Hope that answers your question.

Take care.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation