Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
I dropped my laptop off the arm of the couche it completely went off i turned it back on i had to run through error programs after doing all that it still never worked now when i switch it on it tells me a disk error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart when i do this it brings me straight back to the same message help
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( usually f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run a test on the Hard Drive.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

Can you also post back with the following details.

1.  The full Model No. and Product No. of the notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information.

2.  The full version of the operating system you are using ( ie Windows 7 64bit ).

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Model no hp pavillion g6 notebook pc product no qc710ea#abu error came up with code

Rgbr43/5pu6ka/mfpv5f/6owh03.
Product I'd qc710ea#abu.
Hard disc 1
HP Recommended
Windows 7 64bit
HP Recommended

Hi,

The error code will be a Smart or Disk Self Test failure - in either case, it would indicate that the Hard Drive is failing and needs to be replaced.  This is also consistent with the fall you mention and the start-up issue.

If you would like a guide on replacing the Hard Drive yourself, please let me know.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
I, too, dropped my laptop - Hp Pavilion 11 x360 PC (J8B99PA#ACJ)
I ran the System Fast Test -Tells me :
Processor check - Module missing
Hard drive Smart check - passed
Hard drive short DST check - failure

Does this mean I have to replace the hard drive?
If so, how do I get it replaced ?
Can u send me a guide ?
HP Recommended
Also @DavidPK
For the hard drive -
Failure Id - GSP78C - 7ML83R - XD7WL1- 60TF03
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.