Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thats a really good info and I am very hapy to see that we can even put a dual sided 2260 chip. Fortunately I have already replaced my 2.5 SATA HDD from a Samsung Evo 850. But surely in furture I will go for a 2260 PCIe to get more speed then SATA interface SSD. 

HP Recommended

im not sure it wil lwork though. Accoring to crucial they say no it will not

HP Recommended
Ok but g2 support pcie 2 2x ssd so i will further research at that time.
HP Recommended

could you post a link to the crucial website?

as you can see from the pictures, the CT500MX200SSD6 fits in the G2 and works perfectly.

From what i researched, until now there are no PCIe-SSD in M.2 2260-format available. So have to stick with SATA.

hope this help, Tino.

HP Recommended

i also have a G1 from my company. recently i upgraded this laptop with a Plextor PX-128M6G-2242 (128GB, 2242 form).

now i have the company's Windows client on the 2,5''-SSD, and i Mint Linux on the M.2-SSD. During boot i can choose (with F9) which SSD to boot from.

20151209_205613_resized.jpg

HP Recommended

SanDisk A110 M.2 2260

HP Recommended

SanDisk A110 M.2 2260 is there.

HP Recommended

thanks for the info. I was just ona  crucial support onlien chat and they told me SATA M.2 card were not compatible with the M.2 PCIe slot on the HP lap top.

The only PCIe 2260 M.2 I could find available for sale where I am from was a hP branded option which cost way too much. the PN is L3M57AA 

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

then they must be wrong, since the crucial works fine in my 840 G2;-)

2015-12-10 04_16_00-Filme & TV.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.