Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion dv6-6c65sx
Microsoft Windows 11

I have hp pavilion dv6-6c65sx laptop. I installed windows 11 64bit but the fingerprint is not working, Can someone help me with driver? because I didn't find it on support page and I remember one of community members gave me the driver for windows 10 and worked that time,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no W10 fingerprint sensor driver for your notebook's model series.

You can manually install the Windows 8.1 fingerprint sensor driver from the dv6-7300 model and that should work for you.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58900.exe 

To manually install the driver, run the above file.

It will probably not install the driver.

Go to the device manager.  Click on the unknown device (fingerprint sensor) needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the 'Browse my computer for drivers' option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp58900.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

HP Recommended

I chose "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" and then 4.4.234.0 driver
Now when I go to windows Hello it says swipe your finger and when I swipe to my finger it doesn't work and the light indicator is not working either.
Is there a new driver for windows 11 64bit?

HP Recommended

Hi:

it sounds to me like the fingerprint sensor was already installed.

Is it listed in the device manager under a Biometric sensors device manger category?

If there are no unknown devices showing up in the device manager, then the fingerprint sensor is installed.

As I wrote earlier today...there never was a W10 driver for the fingerprint sensor hardware version your notebook comes with, let alone a W11 driver.

If the Validity fingerprint sensor is present in the device manager, then the only other suggestion I can offer would be to see if this W10 fingerprint sensor software works on W11.

This package contains the HP SimplePass Identity Protection Software for the supported notebook models and operating systems. This software protects identity information and account access using the computer owner's fingerprint.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp86501-87000/sp86959.exe 

If you see no unknown device and no fingerprint sensor in the device manager, then W11 doesn't recognize that the device even exists, and if having the fingerprint sensor work is a must-have for you, then you will have to go back to W10.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.