Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hot key driver disables keyboard and mouse

elitebook 8440p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Elitebook 8440p with virgin install of Win7 64bit, all windows updates are done, only extra software is ms security essentials

No problems with any other hp specicfic drivers, just the hotkeys install, as soon as its installed the keybaord and mouse stop functioning, you can plug in a USB mouse which will work, a look in device manager shows the keyboard and mouse with warning triangles, if you unistall it all ok again but obviously you then have no hotkey function.

Strange thing is this machine previously had Win7 x64 on it with the hotkey software and was fine, its been formatted for a clean install and this is the result, driving me nuts - any ideas.

Thanks

Dave

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,278 18,952 1,579 2,638
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hot key driver disables keyboard and mouse

@dave21w
Thank you for posting on HP Forums, your issue with the HP EliteBook 8440p Notebook PC is classified as a commercial product (business line).

Our Commercial Support Team does not provide assistance via this platform.
If you require immediate assistance, you will need to log a case with our Commercial Support Team.

Click here for details.

Let me know if you require further information and/or assistance.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation