Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

whenever I start my computer, the hp quickweb page appears and adds 15-30 seconds to my startup time. How can I disble this feature

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Shutdown your Notebook completely and once you Power ON the Notebook, Keep Pressing F10 key repeatedly to load BIOS screen on your Notebook. 

In BIOS screen, navigate to System Configuration(on top) and then you would find Boot options. Under Boot Options there would be an option to Enable/Disable Quickweb

quickweb.jpg

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

I was able to start Quickweb on my DV4T-2100. I turned on the computer and was cleaning the keys and it activated QuickWeb. What key (or key combinations) activate QuickWeb? 

HP Recommended
Hey,

How to assign the quick web button to start computer normally. The power button key is giving some problems.

-Regards,
HP Recommended

I have completly reinstalled win7 ult 64, and the hp startup has come up with SMART hard disk error. How do I remove this from my laptop? There seem to be no references left to it that i can see... i.e. msconfig, bios etc.

HP Recommended

Press key(F5) on keyboard which has Globe symbol(HP Pavilion dm1z-3200 CTO Entertainment) to disable Hp Quick web on startup

HP Recommended

That option is not in my bios of my Pavillion DM1

HP Recommended

Is it necessary to keep HP Quick Web on my computer or can it be deleted completely?

HP Recommended

Hello maridia

I understand you just need to know whether or not you can remove HP Quickweb? If so the answer is yes you can remove it as you would any program just uninstall it. The function of being able to access the web without booting your operating system would no longer be there if you do though. As well please ensure that you still have your recovery partition HP_Tools as if you ever need to reinstall it that may be the only place you can find the version you will need.

I hope this answers your question. I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

There is no trace of it in the OS.  I removed it a long time ago.  This is obviously at boot level.  No trace in the bios either like some articles say.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.