Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have just received a new HP Elitebook 8560w and I put in a new Crucial M4 SSD.  I would like to know how to get into the BIOS of the HP.  I've tried using F10 as suggested on the screen at startup but that takes me to another screen that asks if I would like to save my changes.  No matter which option i pick nothing happens.  I've also tried DEL, F1, F2 and F12 with no luck.

thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try the ESC key to see if you get a menu of options to choose from.

If not, I recommend you read the service manual starting in Chapter 5, page 125.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03137126/c03137126.pdf

Paul

HP Recommended

Paul,

Thanks!  I just had to press the ESC key at start up when the “Press the ESC key for Startup
Menu” appeared.  I think I tired everything but that.

Appreciate your help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Elitebook 8570w will not boot into Bios setup mode only will boot to System Diagnostics. I am trying to install a SSHD and the notebook will not let me get into the BIOS setup. I can only get to Boot Device Not Found - Hard Disk - 3F0 - F2 System Diagnostics. When I run System Diagnostics, the HD passes the tests but then when it competes the test and I exit out I can only get back to the the same screen Boot Device Not Found - Hard Disk - 3F0 - F2 System Diagnostics

Any help you can givbe me will be apprecaited. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.