Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, I bought a HP 15-J007 ENVY LAPTOP like a week ago. Now there is one thing I dont get, and that is how to lock the mousepad. I have tried to google it and scanned the hp help on the laptop but I cant seem to find the answer. One thing I find a little weired is that theres no light or mark on the computer that should indicate that it can be locked, but that cant be right.. So now I am looking forward to hear from you.  

regards Runar

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Runar,

Welcome to the HP Forum.

I did not find the Support page for your exact model; I do have access to several HP Envy15 pages that are quite similar to your machine.

It appears that while your system may not have an actual light on or near the TouchPad / ClickPad, it does follow the expected rules for operation.

• The easiest thing to do so you can see the TouchPad's current "state of operation" is to add a tiny "animated" icon of the TouchPad to your TaskBar:

Windows key + X > P (Opens the Control Panel) > set icon view > Mouse > ClickPad (TouchPad) settings >

Under "Tray Icon", Select "Animated tray icon in taskbar".

• The "per session" ON / OFF switch is a 'touch sensitive' spot on the TouchPad in the upper left corner of the 'Pad.

A firm double-press/tap in that upper left corner switches the TouchPad on / off. 

The "button" is a toggle switch:  Double-tap for ON --> Repeat for OFF

Though it is a bit difficult to see on some systems, switching the TouchPad "off" will cause the Tiny TouchPad Icon in the Taskbar to change it's appearance.

If you decide to "disable" the TouchPad while you have an external Mouse connected, the Tiny TouchPad Icon will show an X on it while the TouchPad is disabled. 

• There are many, many settings for your TouchPad / ClickPad (name just indicates a newer style TouchPad).

Below is a nice helpfile to help you become aquainted with all that the TouchPad can do:

Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad (Windows 😎

====================================================================================

I hope that helps!

Click the Kudos Star! 

It is a great “Thank You” for the Author's efforts.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.