Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 8 (325 Views)

hp pavilion x2 fn keys

[ Edited ]
Product Name: hp pavilion x2 detachable
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have an hp pavilion X2 detachable.

I can not reverse the function key operation as I could on my previous hp laptot, so I have to press fn key allways when I want to use F1-F12 function as without pressing they control volume, brightness etc.. There is no option in the BIOS for changing tat.

Any idea how to set it?

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 8 (298 Views)

Re: freezone

Hey @carfreezone1,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are having some issues with your notebook. I can help you with that, however I am going to need to know the model number of your notebook first. You can find your model number by clicking this link. Once I know this I will be better able to assist you.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 3 of 8 (292 Views)

Re: hp pavilion x2 fn keys

10-k000nh

Retired
Message 4 of 8 (281 Views)

Re: hp pavilion x2 fn keys

This document outlines how to troubleshoot keyboard issues with your notebook.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to use the function keys, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Honor Student
Message 5 of 8 (269 Views)

Hello,

I have an hp pavilion X2 detachable, model number: 10-k000nh, product number: K6C57EA#AKC.

The problem:  I can not reverse the function key operation as I could on my previous hp laptot, so I have to press fn key allways when I want to use F1-F12 function as without pressing they control volume, brightness etc.. There is no option in the BIOS for changing tat.

Any idea how to set it?

Thanks.

Retired
Message 6 of 8 (264 Views)

This document outlines how to troubleshoot keyboard issues with your notebook.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to use the function keys, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
Message 7 of 8 (262 Views)

It does not help.

Please read my post carefully as the solution you suggest is not a solution to the problem I've described.

Retired
Message 8 of 8 (257 Views)

If you have completed the relevant sections of the document I have provided and it still does not work, the next step would be to contact HP Support directly by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom.

Please let me know if you are able to resolve your issue with the function keys.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation