Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion dv5 1190eg
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello i have to update my bios since its only on f0 i think the website for this notebook on hp doesnt work at all i hope i can get help thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Here are the info and exe file links to the last BIOS update HP released for your notebook.

You need to use Internet Explorer to open the files.  For some reason they don't work when you try to open them with MS Edge.

Info:  F.21

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45138.cva

Exe:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45138.exe

If you are going to try to update the BIOS in W10, I recommend that you run the update in W7 compatibility mode.

2 Ways to Run a Windows Program in Compatibility Mode | Password Recovery (top-password.com)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can't find any specs on your notebook, since HP retired support for it as it is more than 10 years old.

Does your notebook have an AMD or Intel processor?

I don't recommend that you update the BIOS when running Windows 10.

The BIOS updates were only written to be run on Windows Vista or Windows 7.

There's no telling what may happen if you try to update the BIOS in W10.

But, if you provide the model of the processor your notebook has, I will check the HP FTP site for the last BIOS update they released for your notebook.

HP Recommended

Hi thabks for your reply my processor is a intel core 2 duo p7350

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Here are the info and exe file links to the last BIOS update HP released for your notebook.

You need to use Internet Explorer to open the files.  For some reason they don't work when you try to open them with MS Edge.

Info:  F.21

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45138.cva

Exe:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45138.exe

If you are going to try to update the BIOS in W10, I recommend that you run the update in W7 compatibility mode.

2 Ways to Run a Windows Program in Compatibility Mode | Password Recovery (top-password.com)

HP Recommended

Ok thank you i will do it in windows 7

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

That is a very good idea to reinstall W7, update the BIOS, and then reinstall W10.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.