Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried  to transfer some pdf files through my android mobile to my HP omen 15 laptop but it simply disconnected the connection. I have also tried with my other android mobiles but can't able to transfer the files......please help in this situation

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @dk161 

1) what type of connection are you using? USB, Bluetooth

2) what version of Android is on your mobile phone?

If you are a visual learner, watch the video from Youtube below

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@dk161 

The problem is drivers -- as the default drivers that Microsoft installs for this generally work poorly, if at all.

I have a Samsung Android phone and this did not work for me until I went to the Samsung site, downloaded their Mobile driver and installed it.

Since HP does not supply drivers for Android phones, you will have to contact the manufacturer of your phone to get them.

Also, once the drivers are installed, when you connect the phone, it often then presents a screen where you have to select Data Transfer in order for that to work.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

its via bluetooth

HP Recommended

Thanks.

I suggest using a USB cable when transferring files and data.

Bluetooth is a very slow transfer method. That does depends on the Bluetooth version your notebook and android phone support.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@dk161 

I use an Android app know as Wi File Transfer to migrate stuff between my phone and desktop -- but as @erico points out, that is not very fast.  I don't know that BT would be any faster.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.