Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (103 Views)

i would like to know all of the registry keys related to action keys

Product Name: Hp Envy 15
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i would like to know what the regestry keys are for my hp envy because the action keys keep getting randomly enabled and are preventing me from using some keys so without the registry keys they wont activate. so a list of regestry keys related to the action keys would be nice

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (71 Views)

Re: i would like to know all of the registry keys related to action keys

Greetings @beacjere284,

Thanks for the post. 

I see you are looking to disable the action keys on your notebook. I would like to help. 

You can boot the computer to BIOS and disable the action keys there. Please click here for the procedure. 

Let me know if this helped,

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (57 Views)

no thats not helpful!!!!!! i like my action keys enabled. which they are. i did a reset on my laptop and the symbols were disabled. but the key was not restored. also HP my reccomendation is for the symbols is to have it more difficult to enable them. so instead of pressing ctrl+fn+shift it should be ctrl+fn+shift+shift to prevent accidental activation.

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (51 Views)

Thanks for the reply. Request you to provide more information. Based on the information I found, I understand that you are looking to change the Hotkeys key combination. Changing the key combination is not available. You can try any third party application to create your own keyboard shortcuts. 

HP PCs - Using Keyboard Shortcuts and Special Keys (Windows 10, 8, 7)

If the information I've provided was helpful,
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation