Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
petbro Top Student
Top Student
4 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

iPhone 5S not syncing with Win 10

HP Notebook N7J43EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm having problems trying to get my iPhone to sync on my laptop using iTunes, but it's just not being recognised. Is there a driver i need to download from HP ? Doing my head in tbh. 

Peter

2 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
5851 347 625
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @petbro,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the iPhone issue, and wanted to help! I understand that you are having trouble syncing the iPhone to the notebook.

How are you trying to sync the device?  Are you trying to achieve this through WiFi, or USB?  First, try reviewing the following resource, and let me know how it goes:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes using Wi-Fi (Not an HP supported Web site).

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
petbro Top Student
Top Student
4 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Problem solved. I was trying to sync my iPhone with itunes via USB. After a phone call to Apple Support the problem was resolved in minutes. I had to manually install the USB driver. First time i've had to do this since migrating to Windows 10 from Windows 7 where the USB driver would install automatically when connecting up iPhone for first time.

Peter

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation