Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
MackR1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

iTunes Update

HP 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have iTunes on my computer, but older version.  iTunes does not recognize my iPhone and says I need to upgrade to version 12.6.  When I attempt to download and install it says it is looking for iTunes6464.msi and not found.  Cannot update or uninstall, because file is not found.

Did a search and found an iTunes6464.msi in Program Data, but does not recognize it.

Need to upgrade iTunes, but can't.  Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
43878 3258 13565
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

iTunes Update

I believe you might get better response at iTunes Support:

https://support.apple.com/itunes

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
MackR1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

iTunes Update

Ended up getting hold of SmartFriend and he did remote access to my computer.  Ended up having to download another program to get iTunes off my computer and clean up the registry.  Finally was able to download the latest version of iTunes and all is good now.  Thanks for the response.  Been working on this mess for weeks trying to resolve it and even Apple was not able to help.  Got it now though.  Again, thanks for the response.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation