kurtayn
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

increasing fan speeds to stop over heating

HP Recommended
hp omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

lap top while playing games is reaching stupidly high temperatures, and the virtual agent is of little use. basically need to increase the fan speed without decreasing lap tops performance. its supposed to be a gaming lap top but is getting too hot very quickly. i would like to sort this asap.

regards,

kurtayn.

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,994
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kurtayn I'm afraid the fan cannot be controlled as such, there's no option to have it always on/off, as the same is system managed  and I see that most of the settings have already been tweaked with regards to the power management as that's the only way to make minor modifications to the way the fan works.

You may want to click here and go through the suggested steps to work on fan spinning constantly creating eat issues, which could lead to performance lags as well.

And let me know if any of that helps!

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation