Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

6 years later I'm asking the same question online regarding the bale on the zif connecter (plastic bar with broken pointy ends that snapped off the stationary white bar, the whole thingy meant to connect the keyboard to the computer. Now I am able to add that this cheesy little piece of plastic is available at ebay.

While I'm here though, there's a couple things I have on my mind. I love HP and always buy their electronics. HOWEVER, shame on them:smileyfrustrated: for using such a poor keyboard that it has to be replaced over and over. You know the drill....the d stops working. The z sticks and you type 15 pages of z's. Most especially the space bar - just spaces out...I have just ordered the 5th keyboard for my 2 year old HP Envy. Seriously? Needless to say, I snapped that zif connector bar about 3 keyboards back, I jimmy rigged it with an emery board - just cut a little stick out of the emery board & trimmed here & there till it snapped in nicely.

IMHO, chiclet keyboards are junk. Bet

HP Recommended

Worked for me. I used two shims as suggested. Instead of paper or card stock i used the plastic tabs from file label holders. Basic steps were to lay the ribbon cable in place with the small ears aligned. Then I inserted one shim that was firm. Then I inserted the second shim below the first shim and on top of the ribbon cable for a firm hold.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.