Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shengyu
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

language setting issue

Hi guys, i just brought this new hp spectre x360. So what happen was i tried setting cortana up where i need to select the language that she uses. However, when i tried selecting the language, my whole laptop would just hang for no apparent reason...therefore, i can't use cortana now which is just sad cause it was kinna cool. Is anyone else using this laptop and experiences the same type of problem ? Or is there any solutions to the prob?

i have not downloaded anything yet. the only setup i have done so far is onecloud...

pls help thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
Level 15
11,060 10,872 1,114 3,201
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

language setting issue

Hello Shengyu

Does this happen more than once when changing languages or just the one time?

Make sure Windows if fully updated first. Sometimes it might hang because you do something at the same time its installing an update. You can press the power button and hold it for several seconds to turn off the PC.

Restart and update first.

Then change the language, but my understanding is that your whole system should be on the same language or Cortana will not work properly.

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-properly-change-system-default-language-windows-10

0 Kudos
Shengyu
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

language setting issue

It happens whenever I try changing language...
I don't think it is window updating problem since the comp didn't ask me to update anything
0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
11,060 10,872 1,114 3,201
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

language setting issue

OK.

Have you set the regional language across Windows as in the link I gave above? Can you do this first?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation