Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi...i have been using this laptop for the past 1month only..soon i started getting some issues on it. my laptop hangs with creating a annoying noise like " beeeep"....its been only a month used but im getting such a kind of prob.....i think it struggles to work or manage in some case, i kindly request u to serrve me with a solution..hope ill get satisfied

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @GR-2,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with the laptop hangs and makes a noise. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the exact model number of the PC? Use this link to find it: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Did this happen after a recent update?

Have you tried to run any test on the computer?

Have you tried to update the drivers for your PC either using Windows update or using HP Support Assistant?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Run a System diagnostics as well as an quick and extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2 (Please capture the failure ID for further assistance).

If the test fails, please contact our HP phone support for available service related options.

If the test passes, let's try these steps here:

I would suggest here is to update the Bios on your PC from our HP Support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

For more assistance, please follow these links here: 

HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes Guided Troubleshooter

HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @GR-2,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with the laptop hangs and makes a noise. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the exact model number of the PC? Use this link to find it: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Did this happen after a recent update?

Have you tried to run any test on the computer?

Have you tried to update the drivers for your PC either using Windows update or using HP Support Assistant?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Run a System diagnostics as well as an quick and extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2 (Please capture the failure ID for further assistance).

If the test fails, please contact our HP phone support for available service related options.

If the test passes, let's try these steps here:

I would suggest here is to update the Bios on your PC from our HP Support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

For more assistance, please follow these links here: 

HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes Guided Troubleshooter

HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you . Sir.! I'll try that and let you know about it later on...
HP Recommended

Hi @GR-2,

Thank you for replying,
Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.